Welcome to www.p3g.org (the "Web site"). This Web site is owned and operated by the Public Population Project in Genomics ("P3G"). The Web site is an open, public and accessible Web-based resource that collects, stores and disseminates information, tools and material to promote and facilitate the development, achievement and harmonization of research projects and biobanks.
Protecting your privacy is important to the P3G. This Policy explains how the P3G collects, uses, stores and discloses the personal information that you may provide while using the Web site, including in public and private sections, or when sending an email or other electronic communications ("Electronic Communications"). Any personal information you provide to the P3G through the Web site or Electronic Communications will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
Please be sure to read this entire Policy before using and submitting information to the Web site or via Electronic Communications. By using the Web site and submitting your personal information via the Web site or by Electronic Communications, you consent to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Web site.
Information Automatically Collected
- Non-Identifiable Information. Like many other third party sites, the Web site may automatically collect certain non-identifiable information regarding Web site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the third party site from which you linked directly to the Web site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web site you visit, the Web site pages read and images viewed, and the materials you download from the Web site. This non-identifiable information is used for Web site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web site. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
- Your Personal Information. During your use of the Web site, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you and providing you with the P3G services. You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional. Also, you may voluntarily provide us with your personal information via Electronic Communications.
- Use of Your Personal Information. The P3G may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, confirm your identity, to promote and facilitate the development, achievement and harmonization of research projects and biobanks, to help the P3G manage its educational affairs and as otherwise permitted by law. Generally, the P3G will consider the fact that you have voluntarily visited the Web site and have provided the P3G with contact information to signify your consent for the P3G to use your contact information for purposes of tracking the P3G communications with you and providing you with information relating to the P3G or related information which the P3G thinks may be of interest or use to you. Only the P3G employees with proper authorization will have access to your personal information, and only to the extent necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, as amended from time to time or in accordance with the agreement signed with the P3G and/or Maelstrom regarding the uploading of tools or the updating of catalogs on the P3G and/or Maelstrom Web site.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information. Personal information provided to the P3G will not be sold or shared with third parties without your prior express or implied consent, other than as is necessary to provide the P3G services, which may include providing relevant information to third parties directly involved in the promotion and facilitation of the development, achievement and harmonization of research projects and biobanks.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure. The P3G may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where the P3G has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to the P3G’s legal counsel.
- Tracking Information. In addition, the P3G may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Web site user demographics and Web site traffic patterns. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. The P3G also may link tracking information with Web site users' personal information. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time.
- Storing and Securing Your Information. The P3G will store and process your personal information at its offices located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and/or on the servers of a designated third party with which P3G has entered into an agreement pursuant to which this designated third party will respects the same level of privacy protection that is provided in Quebec and Canada with regard to information stored on its servers. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, the P3G employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and the P3G cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Web site or any Electronic Communications may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or Electronic Communications. When you provide information, you do so at your own risk.
- Accessing Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information and information about the P3G’s collection, use, storage and disclosure of that information by contacting the P3G at firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to have reasonable access to your personal information, and have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your information by notifying the P3G of any changes to this information. At any time, you may revoke your consent to the foregoing by providing the P3G with a written notice requesting that your personal information be withdrawn from the Web site. The P3G will comply with your request within ten (10) working days and provide you a written confirmation of the deletion. The P3G reserves the right to withdraw at any time your personal information from the Web site without any notice.
- Web site Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions governing your use of the Web site (which may be viewed by clicking here) contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting and excluding the liability of the P3G and others regarding your use of the Web site and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Web site. Each of those provisions also applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy and the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
- Former Users. If you stop using the Web site or your permission to use the Web site is terminated by the P3G, the P3G may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time.
- Policy Changes. To accommodate changes in the Web site, changing technology and legal developments, this Policy may be changed by the P3G from time to time at the P3G's sole discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. The P3G's collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Your continued use of the Web site subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify that you consent to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Web site or receive or request any Electronic Communication, you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
- Your Comments. If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com , or at (514) 398-1648 or send your questions and comments to McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre
740 Dr Penfield Avenue, Suite 5104, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0G1.
- Language. It is at the request of the parties that this Policy and all other related documents are written in the English language; C'est à la demande des parties que la présente entente et tous les documents s'y rapportant sont rédigés en anglais.